Friday 31 October 2014

Days 11-13 Icecream and Ouchies

Days 11-13 Wednesday to Friday - Icecream and Ouchies

On wednesday we had a really nice treat - one that no one was expecting.  We got to have icecream! Well sort of.  It was frozen banana put through a masticating juicer and the pulp is like icecream.  It was sooooooo good.  We also got to have almond flakes, coconut, raw cocoa, cinnamon as toppings and everyone really enjoyed the little treat :)

Banana icecream with almond flakes and coconut :) YUM!

One of my goals since being here is to cut down on my medications.  I'm currently taking 3 different painkillers for my arthritis and I want off all of them.  Yesterday I was feeling really good and decided to start to cut them all down.  This I did. By half. Obviously I totally overdid it in my enthusiasm and as a result today I'm very ouchie.  As luck would have it one of the other juicers here is a GP so I had a little chat with her about the best way to withdraw and she gave me some really good tips on how to manage it without hitting this level of pain.

So today is going to be an easy day while the meds kick back in a bit and then I'll try reducing more slowly.  A slow day is called for once in a while.

Also yesterday I had the most amazing massage with Aoife one of the therapists in the Eden Spa here.  She did Myofascial massage and a little reiki on me.  Mostly focusing on my left knee and right shoulder which are the worst of my joints right now. It was really good and I suspect that some of my ache is due to that.  Also I found it an emotional experience and I'm feeling very emo today.  I expect part of that is due to the elevated pain but I wonder if part of it is also fall out from the experience yesterday.  Either way I've booked for another one next week because I want as much healing experience as I can get out of this trip.

Fi
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment